Heart Thread Yoga’s 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified training
December 1 - 22, 2018
“I AM ROOTED, BUT I FLOW” – VIRGINIA WOOLF
Like a tree with branches and leaves you are connected to something bigger. We can all be individuals, yet still part of the whole. Heart Thread Yoga’s 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified training is focused on bringing you deeper into your authentic yoga experience. This goes beyond the physical Asana practice, to exploring the traditional 8 limbs of yoga with a modern twist. Influenced by Vinyasa Flow yoga, the roots of Heart Thread Yoga’s training are based in Curiosity, Compassion, and Expansion. Please explore and contact us with any questions you might have!
Free Choice – Inquiry – Exploration – Intrigue Beginner’s Mind – Quality over Quantity – Passion Non-Mechanical – Interest – Effort & Ease
Non-Judgement – Love – Surrender – Acceptance Release – Will & Surrender Whole-Hearted Allowing – Kindness – Assuming the Best
Growth – Empowerment – Sensitivity – Edge Creating Space – Presence – Attention – Witness Proactive vs. Reactive – Balance
3 WEEKS OF TRANSFORMATION
DECEMBER 1 – DECEMBER 22, 2018
AT VIDA ASANA YOGA SCHOOL IN PLAYA HERMOSA, COSTA RICA
WHAT WILL WE LEARN? WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
“NO ONE WANTS TO BE ‘RESCUED’ WITH SOMEONE ELSE’S BELIEFS. REMEMBER YOUR TASK IS NOT TO CONVERT ANYONE TO ANYTHING, BUT TO HELP THE PERSON IN FRONT OF YOU GET IN TOUCH WITH HIS OR HER OWN STRENGTH, CONFIDENCE, FAITH, AND SPIRITUALITY – WHATEVER THAT MIGHT BE.”
– THE TIBETAN BOOK OF LIVING AND DYING
- Confidence through practice teaching
- Teaching methodology, including: a discussion panel with successful yoga teachers about teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student learning process, group dynamics, time management, and the establishment of priorities and boundaries
- Exploration through the lens of Curiosity, Compassion, and Expansion of the eight limbs of yoga
- The art and science of sequencing a yoga class
- Various specific modules including: teaching Prenatal yoga, restorative yoga, and yoga for beginners
- How do your thoughts/words/actions effect your body
- Intro to the basics of Ayurveda
- Feel confident teaching and sharing yoga from your unique perspective
- Experience the growth and depth of your practice over 4 months, as you expand your understanding of yoga and yourself
- Yoga postures (Asana): supportive alignment, benefits, potential risks, including modifications for various body types, levels and abilities
- Yogic breath work (Pranayama) and Meditation practices to deepen self knowledge and move toward heightened vitality and health
- Anatomy, Physiology, & Kinesiology through both lecture and experiential practice
- Hands on adjustments – The art of compassionate and supportive touch
- Conscious communication skills for teaching, as well as living off the mat
- Energetic anatomy
- Yogic philosophy and how it applies to our modern lives
- Co-create a safe circle for sharing and reflection with other yogis
- Learn valuable skills for better interpersonal communication, coping with stress, speaking to a group and maintaining a positive outlook
- A foundation to expand upon with confidence and freedom
THIS TRAINING IS ABOUT GOING DEEPER INTO YOUR YOGA PRACTICE, AND INTO YOUR LIFE.
IT’S ABOUT UNEARTHING AND DEVELOPING THE TOOLS TO LIVE YOUR AUTHENTIC LIFE.
IT’S ABOUT TAKING YOUR YOGA PRACTICE AND APPLYING IT IN THE DAY TO DAY GRIND.
IT’S ABOUT FINDING YOUR VOICE, PRACTICING CLEAR COMMUNICATION, AND BECOMING A YOGA TEACHER – EVEN IF YOU NEVER TEACH IN A CLASS SETTING – YOU ARE STILL SHARING THE GIFT OF YOGA THROUGH YOUR DAILY INTERACTIONS WITH THE WORLD.
“I’VE LEARNED THAT PEOPLE WILL FORGET WHAT YOU SAID, PEOPLE WILL FORGET WHAT YOU DID, BUT PEOPLE WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL.” – MAYA ANGELOU
WE’D LOVE TO HAVE YOU JOIN US FOR THIS AMAZING JOURNEY OF SELF DISCOVERY THROUGH YOGA TEACHER TRAINING. THE INVESTMENT FOR HEART THREAD YOGA’S 200 HOUR YOGA ALLIANCE CERTIFIED IMMERSION PROGRAM IS $3000 WITH A $500 DEPOSIT PAID BY SEPTEMBER 15, OR $3500 DEPOSIT PAID AFTER SEPTEMBER 15. FINAL PAYMENTS DUE NOVEMBER 15, 2018.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW WITH A $500 DEPOSIT + $25 APPLICATION FEE
- $500 applied towards tuition after acceptance into the training (if you are not accepted into the training at this time, you will receive a full refund)
- $25 application fee (non-refundable)
- You will find the application on the payment page – incomplete applications will not be accepted
- Please answer all questions authentically – we are not looking for the good answer, or the one you perceive as “correct” – we want to get to know you!
- You must have a consistent yoga asana practice for 1.5-2 years (please contact Rachel about exceptions to this at Rachel@HeartThreadYoga.com)
- If you haven’t practiced with Rachel before, she would like to meet you! If you are able to come to one of her public yoga classes in Ithaca, NY that would be great. If you’re not in the Ithaca area, let’s set up a face time/skype date.
- You must commit to yourself and the work that you are doing to go deeper into your practice and your life! This means attendance at ALL program sessions, completion of all homework assignments, completion of all tests/quizzes, completion of your final teaching sequence, etc. Please talk to Rachel in advance about any scheduling conflicts – accommodations are not guaranteed, and we also understand that “life happens” 🙂
Acceptance & Certification:
- We will let you know within 2 weeks of your application if you have been accepted into the program.
- After acceptance, we will work with you to set up your final payments
- Upon graduation and completion of all of the training requirements, you will be a yoga teacher, and will receive an official 200hr Yoga Teacher certificate. You can then register with Yoga Alliance, if you would like to.
**EARLY BIRD PRICING – $3000 if you pay your $500 deposit by September 15, 2018**
The full price investment for Heart Thread Yoga’s 200 hr Yoga Alliance certified program is $3500, and includes 3 weeks of lodging (shared, max 3ppl/room – based on gender) at Vida Asana Yoga School, 3 delicious homemade meals per day, all group activities (hikes, Temascal, ceremonies), all ground transportation to/from group activities (including roundtrip airport shuttle to SJO), and your Yoga Alliance 200 hour yoga teacher certification. There is a $500 deposit with the application to secure your spot; final payments due November 15, 2018.
A lifelong athlete, Rachel originally came to the mat during her undergrad years because it was an incredible workout. After practicing many different styles with many different teachers, she found a love for Vinyasa. She received her 200hr certification in January 2011 and has been teaching ever since. In May 2013 Rachel furthered her studies at Integral Yoga Institute and received her 85hr Prenatal Yoga certification. With the inspiration and support of her community, she created her own immersive yoga retreat company, Heart Thread Yoga, in May 2014. Rachel seeks to create a nurturing environment where students can learn and…
Learn more about Rachel VerValin